HMS New Zealand
HMS New Zealand was one of three Indefatigable-class battlecruisers and was part of the 2nd Battle Cruiser Squadron at Jutland. She was the flagship of Rear Admiral William Christopher Pakenham and was commanded by John Frederick Ernest Green. She fired 420 twelve-inch shells during the battle, more than any other ship on either side. Despite this, only four successful hits were credited to the battlecruiser: three on Seydlitz and one on the pre-dreadnought SMS Schleswig-Holstein. She was hit only once during the battle but sustained no casualties.
2nd Battlecruiser Squadron
HMS New Zealand Links
- HMS New Zealand Crew List
- HMS New Zealand Crew List (Photographs)
- Ships of the 2nd Battlecruiser Squadron
- REPORT ON ACTION OF 31ST MAY 1916
- TIME TABLE COMPILED BY CAPTAIN AND OFFICERS OF H.M.S. NEW ZEALAND
- CAPTAIN'S REPORT ON ACTION OF 31st MAY 1916. H.M.S. NEW ZEALAND.
- Report by Boy 1st Class James John Eames on HMS New Zealand at the Battle of Jutland
- List of ships